WPSS OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES
WPSS strives to maintain a safe and healthy school environment where students can receive their education in person. This will be achieved by following current guidance from the LA Department of Education and LA Department of Health. The WPSS will monitor COVID-19 community levels and make adjustments as needed.
- COVID Vaccines are recommended for all staff and students.
- WP schools will teach and reinforce proper hand washing and hygiene practices.
- WP schools will teach and reinforce covering of coughs and sneezes.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned at least once per day.
- Classrooms and buses will be disinfected at least once per week.
- Social distancing will be enforced to the maximum extent possible.
- Masks are recommended during high community levels.
- COVID testing is encouraged and can be accessed at local clinics or doctor offices when symptomatic.
- If positive for COVID, isolate at home for 5 days from onset of symptoms or positive test.
- Return to school with a mask for 5 days if no fever for 24 hours.
- If in close contact with someone who tested positive and not vaccinated, wear a mask for 10 days.
Report positive COVID diagnosis on the district COVID reporting form located at www.wpsb.org (top left of this page).